You are here

Replacing a Lost Name Change Certificate

The Southern District of Iowa can only provide certified copies of name change certificates. The fee to obtain a certified copy of a name change certificate is $11.50.

If you were naturalized in Des Moines, please contact the Clerk's Office at 515-284-6248. If you were naturalized in Davenport, you may reach the Clerk's Office at 563-884-7607.

In order to issue a certified copy of the name change certificate, please bring a government-issued ID and/or your naturalization certificate. If possible, please also provide the month and year of your naturalization ceremony to assist the Clerk's Office in locating your name change certificate.

Please note that we are unable to provide a copy of your naturalization certificate or any other documentation that certifies your citizenship. To obtain a replacement of your naturalization certificate, please follow the instructions here: to complete a N-565 Application for Replacement Naturalization/Citizenship document.